Documents relating to the History of St.Giles
Notes on the Origin and Location of the Church of St. Giles, Colchester
A transcript of a document written in 1919 by William A. Cater, FSA, FR Hist S, and read at the Colchester Congress 23rd July 1919, dealing mainly with the geographic and documentary evidence of the location of the building.
History of the Parish & Church - St. Giles, Colchester
Written by George Rickword, FRHistS, this document serves as a more detailed record of the St. Giles Church and Parish. It was written between 1929 and when the building closed as a church in 1953.
HRH Duke of Kent
HRH Duke of Kent officially opened St Giles as a Masonic Centre on 29th October 1976...
30 years later, His Royal Highness was pleased to send a letter coinciding with a cluster meeting of Colchester Lodges on 11th May 2007. The lecture was entitled" St Giles - A Near Millennium of History" and was delivered by Bro. Paul Masters of Comrades Lodge. This letter read out as part of the evenings events.